Temporary Vacancy: General Service Category - Registry Clerk Grade GS2
The Secretariat of the ACP Group of States has the following vacant posts of the General Services Category at the Secretariat:
1 Registry Clerk (Grade GS 2) – (temporary vacancy)
Below you will find:
- The job descriptions and required profile of the candidates.
- Conditions of service and employment for the posts.
Applications for this post should be sent to: ACP Secretariat, 451 Avenue Georges Henri, 1200 Brussels - Belgium, or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must reach the Secretariat not later than 12 March 2012.
Applications must be accompanied by a complete curriculum vitae, copies of diplomas, certificates and any other document testifying to the competence and professional experience of the candidates.
It is to be noted that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
REGISTRY CLERK – GRADE GS 2
Under the supervision of the Registry Officer, the Officer shall:
- Undertake the preparation of new files, the updating of the filing register and the preparation and dispatch of monthly returns of outstanding files. This includes the diplomatic pouch whenever required.
- Prepare Registry control forms for incoming mail from the Secretariat-General’s office (daily).
- Prepare and frank all outgoing mail for postage (daily).
- Prepare listing for outgoing mail, listing for incoming faxes and registration of incoming invoices.
- Assist to maintain the fax equipment in good working order through personal intervention or with external assistance.
- Maintain chronological files of correspondence control forms.
- Assist the Registry Officer with duties relating to the sections:
- sorting out documents for filing
- locating of fields
- handling of hand delivered mail
- inspection of files on their return to the Registry
- maintenance of a temporary archive of documents, reports, etc.
- Undertakes any other duties that may be allocated by the Registry Officer.
- Performs other duties as required.
- General Certificate of Education or Equivalent.
- Minimum work experience of one year in office work, classification of documents or postal services.
- Good working knowledge of English, French, Spanish or Portuguese. A working knowledge of one of the others would be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
In conformity with Article 9 of the Staff Regulations, staff members of the Professional and General Services categories are appointed by the Secretary-General on the recommendation of the Recruitment Advisory Committee chaired by the Assistant Secretary-General, Head of the Department of Administration, Finance and Human Resources.
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, the ACP Secretariat offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
In the framework of their functions, members of staff are governed by the Staff Regulations of the Secretariat (ACP/41/050/11 Rev.1) and by any other decision that may be adopted by the competent ACP authorities regarding employment.