Vacancy at CTA: Programme coordinator for ICT development (ICT4D)
VACANCY AT THE TECHNICAL CENTRE FOR AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL COOPERATION (CTA)
Job title: Programme Coordinator for ICT development (ICT4D)
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Employment: Full-time, international position
Area: Agriculture and rural development
Deadline: 15 May, 2012
CTA (Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation) is an international non-profit Organization established in 1983 under a joint agreement between the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of countries and the European Union (EU). Our mission is to advance food security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge, facilitates policy dialogue and strengthens the capacity of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities.
The Programme Coordinator ICT4D is a member of the Policies, Markets and ICT Programme and reports to the Policies, Markets & ICT Programme Manager. In accordance with general policies, procedures and budgets, the Programme Coordinator directs the following activities.
- Conceptualise, develop and implement ICT4D interventions notably on m-applications, and market information systems that will facilitate Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) knowledge and information exchange, added efficiencies in value chains and building capacity of ACP ARD institutions and networks.
- Contribute to the annual programme of work and budget for the programme.
- Develop strong relationships with key ACP, European and international institutions working in the area of ICT for development.
- Publish and communicate key lessons to key audiences.
- Ensure high quality in the submission of partnership grant proposals.
- Lead or participate in the development of inter-programmatic projects.
- Prepare written briefs and reports.
- Manage his/her project portfolio in accordance with CTA’s policy and procedures and within budget limits.
- Engage in mobilizing additional resources to leverage CTA’s investments in partnership projects.
- Post graduate degree in communication / ICT / informatics / information and knowledge sciences
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in ICTs and development
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Proficiency in one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other to the extent necessary for the performance of his (her) duties.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- A high level of communication, facilitation, presentation and listening skills
- A team player who respects and appreciates different perspectives and cultures and demonstrates service orientation.
- Having a rich network of contacts
- Organizational and planning skills
Compensation and Benefits (Depending on experience)
- Annual gross base salary 68 K € largely tax exempted
- Excellent health and pension scheme
- Generous expat package, including school fees
Applications are invited only from citizens of the 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) States as well as those of European Union Member States. CTA applies an equal opportunities policy.
Qualifying candidates are invited to forward their application and supporting documents before 15 May:
1. One-page motivational letter explaining why he/she qualifies for this position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Three referees with contact details.
Please quote the source of the advertisement.Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to the attention of:
Mr. J-C. Burguet
Head of Corporate Services Department
Ref . ICT
6700 AJ Wageningen